After the launch of NBA 2K18, many players have reported missing / deleted MyPLAYER files. They try to play MyCAREER, and the original file has gone missing. Of course they want to get back their player, and understandably, many are pissed about it since a lot have spent real money on Virtual Currency as well as invested hours of their time building up their MyPLAYER and earning badges.
Thank you for your patience #NBA2K18 fans. We are working as fast as we can to help everyone affected by missing MyCAREER issue.
— 2K Support (@2KSupport) September 16, 2017
2K is fully aware of this issue, and is in the process of investigating it and have offered troubleshooting tips to resolve this issue and recover your player. Here they are below:
- Most of the time, files will appear missing due to all data not being fully synced. Please hover over the Play Now option and allow your game to sit on that menu. The message could take quite a long time to appear depending on where you are in the syncing process.
- There is a possibility that your account has expired, so please head to NBA2K.com and log in using your NBA 2K account (PSN ID/Xbox GamerTag/Steam ID). If your account is expired, logging in here will update and verify it.
- Make sure you’re logged into the right account! Though it certainly sounds silly like “is your console plugged in?”, it does happen relatively frequently.
If the above steps do not work:
Create or update your ticket with our support team at 2K Support To help push things along, please send in the following information in your first response:
- Did you participate in the NBA 2K18 Prelude?:
- 2K associated Email address:
- A description of what happened directly before the issue’s occurrence:
- The position, archetype, and overall of the corrupted MyCAREER save(s):
- Dates the save file(s) were created:
- Dates those save files were last played (be as precise as possible):
Aside from the previous information, we’ll need you to create a placeholder file so we can recover your player. (One for every file you’re missing)
Please create the new file(s) with the exact following specifications:
- Position: Same as your missing file(s).
- Height: Smallest height possible.
- Wingspan: Smallest wingspan possible.
- Attributes: NO attributes upgraded at all.
* Be sure to mention you tried the steps, and that you have created your placeholder file, so we do not reply to your ticket and send you the same steps again!
Due to some players still waiting to get their MyPLAYER save back, it appears that 2K has issued refunds in the form of VC.
If you guys had issues with on #NBA2K18 MyCAREER Xbox, check your account!
— Ronnie 2K 2K18 (@Ronnie2K) September 22, 2017